If you need to reset the Gate hardware due to issues with set up or you are a new Gate owner, please follow the instructions below:
- Remove the battery pod.
- Push the "0" button while you place the battery pod on, and continue holding for 5 seconds. You might hear a long beep during this. if you don't hear it, don't worry about it!
- The Gate keypad will flash red then go to solid white with the solid green phone icon.
- If you do not have a Gate account, please download the Gate app (www.getgate.com/download) and set up your account in-app.
- If you've just set up your Gate account, the app will prompt you to enter a name for your Gate and walk you through the set up process.
- If this is an existing Gate and you are just resetting it for troubleshooting purposes, go to the Settings tab, and select Change WiFi Network. Follow the in-app instructions to reconnect the lock to your Home WiFi.
Note: You must be nearby the Gate when you are doing this activity. Also, resetting the Gate does wipe all its data about PIN codes, door orientation, WiFi and other settings, etc.
Please contact Gate Customer Support if you have any issues resetting or connecting your Gate Smart Lock.