Gate operates by connecting to WiFi. If you're experiencing the following issues, they are indicative of a poor WiFi connection:
- Not receiving knock or motion notifications consistently
- Video feed not appearing in-app during motion
- Videos skipping or freezing upon playback
- Poor audio during communication with an outside guest or upon playback
- App not accurately reporting state of deadbolt (locked or unlocked) or battery.
Note: the WiFi connection at your door might be weaker than elsewhere in your home, especially if there is any metal on your door.
Below are WiFi extenders that have been tested with Gate. Please consider purchasing one and installing it as close as possible to your door to improve performance of your smart lock.
1) NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender, Essentials Edition (EX2700)
2) NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS)
3) NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300)