There are five ways to lock and unlock your Gate Smart Lock:
- Access Code: Enter your four-digit access PIN using the keypad on your Gate Smart Lock to unlock it. To lock your device, press the lock button on the keypad.
- Gate App*: When motion is detected, your smart lock will activate giving you the ability to remotely lock or unlock your door or gate using the Gate app.
- Auto-Lock: If enabled, your Gate Smart Lock will automatically lock after a designated period each time your device is unlocked. Using the Gate app, you have the option to set your Gate to auto-lock after 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or 30 minutes.
- Traditional Key: Your smart lock comes with three traditional keys that can be used to manually lock and unlock at any time.
- Interior Knob: The battery pod on your smart lock also functions as a knob that allows you to lock or unlock your device with a simple turn. There is no way to lock or immobilize this knob.
*Important Note: Motion detection is required to activate your smart lock and enable the remote locking feature. At this time, Gate Smart Lock cannot be locked or unlocked via the Gate app while in an idle state.