Before you install your Gate smart lock please make sure to check the following:
- Your current door and deadbolt configuration are compatible with Gate smart lock. Please see compatibility diagram below.
- Make sure your current door and deadbolt do not have any misalignments. You can check that by simply opening and closing your door. Do you need to give the door a slight/good/hard push or pull? If you answer is yes, you will need to fix your door misalignment before installing Gate smart lock.
- Make sure you have a strong wifi signal outside of the door where you are installing Gate, especially when the door is closed. Gate is a wifi enabled and relies on a strong wifi signal to lock and unlock your door by using Gate app.
Have a look at the current lock on your door:
- If you have a separate deadbolt and doorknob, you're ready to go.
- If you have a combo lock, you’ll need to buy and install a separate door handle.
- If you have a mortise lock, Gate will not replace it. However, you can install Gate as a backup to your mortise unit, but that will require professional help.
Gate Door Specifications.
Gate will fit on doors with an industry standard deadbolt opening of 1-3/8 in. to 1-3/4 in.