Before installing your Gate smart lock please watch the installation video:
Please note that GATE replaces your existing deadbolt. See instructions for uninstalling your existing deadbolt in your deadbolt instructions manual.)
Before your install Gate on your door, please make sure to check the following:
- Make sure Gate fits your door. Gate fits all standard exterior doors (1-3/4" thick) and all standard interior doors (1-1/2"thick). To ensure that your door is compatible, use the black demo block to which your Gate device is mounted to compare it to your door's thickness.If your door is thinner than the Gate demo block, you can use an appropriate number of round rubber spacers provided to match the required dimensions when you are ready to install.
Now, look closely at your door; If you have a separate deadbolt anddoorknob, you're ready to go. If you have a combo lock, you’ll need to buyand install a separate door handle. If you have a mortise lock, Gate willnot replace it. However, you can install Gate as a backup to your mortiseunit, but that will require professional help.
- Make sure that your door is properly aligned.
Gate App setup.
Go to www.getgate.com/download
Remember Gate app was designed as an installation guide itself and you can simply follow the steps in the app to install your Gate.
Please watch "How to setup Gate app video below".
How to install Gate smart lock on your door.
- To get started, detach the magnetically secured battery pod by pulling it away from the Gate black door block, and remove the orange sticker visible on the exposed interior component of the Gate unit. Replace the battery pod to its original location and the LED keypad on the exterior component of the Gate unit will light up. If the LED keypad fails to light up, the battery may need to be charged, which can be done using the USB charging cable provided.
- Check to confirm your Gate has a strong Wi-Fi connection by operating its features from the Gate App on your phone, while Gate is still attached to its black demo block and positioned outside of the door it’s being installed on. Test the video streaming, remote lock/unlock, codes, etc. Note that Wi-Fi signal may become significantly degraded if Gate is installed on metal or metal-clad doors, impairing the quality of video streaming.
- Once you’ve confirmed that Gate is functioning properly from the location of your door, remove your old lock by following the instructions of your lock's manufacturer. You can put all of the pieces from your old deadbolt aside as they are no longer needed.
- Detach Gate from its black door block by removing the battery and unscrewing the two screws visible on the exposed interior component of the device. These two long screws will not fully detach from the interior component but will come out far enough to separate the interior from the exterior and allowing the deadbolt that lies between them to also be removed.
- Install Gate on your door following the same steps of detaching Gate from the demo block, in reverse order: first, insert the Gate deadbolt through the edge of the door and secure it with the two screws provided on the demo block ; then insert the exterior “keypad” component making sure the black shaft is vertical , and the deadbolt is in the unlocked position. Now attach the interior component using the two long screws and tighten so that the exterior and interior components are tight and secure to the door surface.
- Reattach the battery pod to its original position and confirm the keypad lights up.
- The last step...go to “Gate settings” on the Gate App and select the appropriate door orientation for your Gate device. Note that your door orientation may be different than the original orientation of your device on the demo block. Your Gate is now ready to use.
Important: Do not remove battery pod while the unit is in process of locking or unlocking as doing so will damage the motor components.